How to Become a Student at BSLC
- Opt out of the traditional education model. If school doesn't work for you, you're in good company. School didn't work for some of the greatest minds in history. It's a free country, so try something different. In order to leave school legally, you must register with your local school district as a home schooled student, and we can help you through this process.
- At BSLC we hope to be able to serve students from all economic backgrounds. We are a non-profit institution and committed to fund raising projects to help provide financial aid for students in need.
- Once enrolled you will be paired with a staff mentor. Staff mentors will meet with students once a week to help students to reach their goals. Whatever it is the student wants to learn about, research, build, grow, or make, your mentor will help you plan it and help you get the resources you need to make it happen. College admissions help is available and encouraged. We work with college admissions officers to facilitate college planning for students who want to pursue higher education.
- Participation in the BSLC community is important. At BSLC we have a once weekly center meeting; this is the only part of center life that is required. We make decisions as a group and believe that students should have experience participating in a democratic process. This is the only part of the learning process at BSLC that is mandatory.
Becoming a Member is easy! There are no deadlines to join or tests to take! Just complete the following steps:
1. Call Jon at 781-355-6575 to schedule a meeting.
2. Complete the New Member Packet found below.
There are a limited number of spaces for new students. Completeing the packet is not necessarily a guarantee of admission.
To Download a New Member Packet, click here.